Selected Ebooks for General and Introductory Chemistry
- Last Updated Oct 3, 2013
Access and use SciFinder through the web version for exploring chemical literature and substance information.
9,860 views this year
- Last Updated Jun 3, 2013
Resources and how-to guide to use Reaxys efficiently
7,077 views this year
- Last Updated Aug 31, 2011
A guide to locating IR, NMR, mass spec, and other spectral data.
1,428 views this year
- Last Updated Apr 8, 2011
Basics for using ChemBioOffice/ChemBioDraw and brief introduction to applications of its different tools
2,710 views this year
- Last Updated Sep 18, 2013
This guide is to provide links to publications and other resources related to cyberinfrastructure and e-Science as well as data management.
286 views this year
- Last Updated Oct 16, 2013
Provides resources, strategies, and information on conducting research in Biological Chemistry.
545 views this year
- Last Updated Oct 4, 2013
A resource guide for chemical engineering information.
4,595 views this year
"The National Science Foundation (NSF) has joined forces with NBC Learn and the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) to celebrate the International Year of Chemistry by creating "Chemistry Now"--a weekly, online video series that uncovers and explains the science of common, physical objects in our world and the changes they undergo every day."
Ready for exploring the Chemical Information world? This research guide will get you started with resources you need for study, instruction, and research in Chemistry, especially those collected/subscribed by MLibrary. Please use the top tabs to navigate through recommended databases, journals, ebooks, and other resources.
If you need any assistance during your chemistry-related research, please contact your Chemistry Librarian Ye Li.
Download/print FAQ about MLibrary resrouces and services for students and researchers in Chemistry.
Navigate through MLibrary
Q1: How to Access MLibrary?
- MLibrary Gateway
- More than 20 libraries around campus
- Libraries you will use the most
- Library Hours
Q2: How to Get Help?
- Contact Subject Specialist
- Instant message – Ask A Librarian
Q3: How to Find Books?
- Library Catalog – Mirlyn
- To find the location/call number/links for books, journals, videos, conference proceedings, etc.
- “Available online”: Link to online resources
- Recall an item
- Deliver items to the library you preferred
- Link to 7Fast delivery service – scanned articles/book chapters sent through Email
Q4: How to Check Out and Renew Books?
- Check them out at circulation desks with your MCard.
- Loan periods
- Fines, charges, recalls
- Log onto “My Library Account” (left bottom of library homepage) to renew books or bring them to the circulation desk
Q5: How to Find Articles?
- When you know the citation
- “MGet It” citation linker (Top menu bar of MLibrary homepage)
- Mirlyn catalog to search the journal title
- Browse/search online journal titles with Search Tools
- When I know the topic I am interested
- Search databases (see Q6)
Q6: How to Access Databases?
- When I know which database I need
- Type the title in the “Search” box and “Go” at the library homepage
- Use “Search Tools” (Top menu bar) to search for the database
- When I do not know which database to use
Q7: How to Access Resources Remotely?
- When I am off campus or on wireless connection
- Use links to resources on MLibrary web pages (From quick “Search” box or Mirlyn). They contain MLibrary proxy information and will ask you to log in with your unique name and Kerberos password.
- Use Proxy Sever Bookmarklet to reload the page
- When I use mobile devices
Q8: How to Get Resources MLibrary Does Not Own?