Ready to explore the Chemical information world? This research guide will get you started with resources you need for learning, teaching and research in Chemistry, especially those collected/subscribed by MLibrary. Please use the top tabs to navigate through recommended databases, journals, ebooks, and other resources.
If you need any assistance during your chemistry-related research, please contact your Chemistry Librarian as shown in the Library Contact box below.
Download/print FAQ about MLibrary resources and services for students and researchers in Chemistry.
New Books in Chemistry
Selected Ebooks for General and Introductory Chemistry
Navigate through MLibrary
Q1: How to Access MLibrary?
- MLibrary Gateway
- More than 20 libraries around campus
- Libraries you will use the most
- Library Hours
Q2: How to Get Help?
Q3: How to Find Books?
- Library Catalog – Mirlyn
- To find the location/call number/links for books, journals, videos, conference proceedings, etc.
- “Available online”: Link to online resources
- Recall an item
- Deliver items to the library you preferred
- Link to 7Fast delivery service – scanned articles/book chapters sent through Email
Q4: How to Check Out and Renew Books?
- Check them out at circulation desks with your MCard.
- Loan periods
- Fines, charges, recalls
- Log onto “My Library Account” (left bottom of library homepage) to renew books or bring them to the circulation desk
Q5: How to Find Articles?
- When you know the citation
- When I know the topic I am interested
- Search databases (see Q6)
Q6: How to Access Databases?
- When I know which database I need
- Type the title in the “Search” box and “Go” at the library homepage
- Use “Search Tools” (Top menu bar) to search for the database
- When I do not know which database to use
Q7: How to Access Resources Remotely?
- When I am off campus or on wireless connection
- Use links to resources on MLibrary web pages (From quick “Search” box or Mirlyn). They contain MLibrary proxy information and will ask you to log in with your unique name and Kerberos password.
- Use Proxy Sever Bookmarklet to reload the page
- When I use mobile devices
Q8: How to Get Resources MLibrary Does Not Own?
by Scott Martin Last Updated Aug 17, 2016 7550 views this year
Reaxys: Beilstein/Gmelin/Patent Chemistry
by Scott Martin Last Updated Jul 18, 2016 3081 views this year
Finding Spectral Data
by Scott Martin Last Updated Aug 16, 2016 1428 views this year
ChemBioOffice: Professional illustrations and beyond for chemists and biologists
by Scott Martin Last Updated Jul 18, 2016 1294 views this year
Biological Chemistry Resources
by Marci Brandenburg Last Updated Aug 16, 2016 277 views this year
by Leena Lalwani Last Updated Jan 26, 2016 1299 views this year
"The National Science Foundation (NSF) has joined forces with NBC Learn and the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) to celebrate the International Year of Chemistry by creating "Chemistry Now"--a weekly, online video series that uncovers and explains the science of common, physical objects in our world and the changes they undergo every day."