Welcome to the Nursing Research Guide, the place to start your research with links to relevant library resources, including databases of journal articles, lists of eBooks and eJournals, and tips on finding evidence based research. If you have been searching for 20 minutes or longer and can't find what you are looking for, feel free to give us a call! Your informationist can:
- Assist you in building search strategies for finding relevant journal literature, including tips on broadening or narrowing your search
- Show you how to cite your sources and manage your citations
- Provide links to other library resources for research and scholarship, teaching, and professional development
- Present topic-based sessions to classes, working groups, or clinical teams
Need Assistance? Try these Video Tutorials!
Nursing Reference Center from EBSCO
- evidence-based content
- clinically organized quick lessons
- evidence-based care sheets
- nursing practice & skill worksheets
- skill competency hecklists
- internationally accreditred continuing education modules
- point-of-care drug information
- patient education handouts
- best practice guidelines
- key reference books with searchable full txt
- detailed medical illustrations
An app is available for the iPhone/iPad/iTouch from the iTunes store.
Nursing Reference Center tutorial (9:48 mins)
Comprehensive Nurse Theorists video series
25 streaming videos which highlight historical and contemporary nurse theorists in three distinct series:
Nurse Theorists -- Portraits of Excellence, Vol 1
This series explores the life work and stories of 16 women who are widely regarded as nursing's premier scholars. Each video features a modern theorist and includes video interviews in which the theorist discusses her life, the evolution of her work and its impact on nursing practice and education. Each video also contain a bibliography of the theorists' writings and a resource list of helpful websites and organizations. Rounding out the series is a video that discusses and analyzes the life and work of Florence Nightingale.
Nurse Theorists -- Portraits of Excellence, Vol 2
This series explores the life work and life stories of 6 middle-range theorists who are widely regarded as nursing's premier scholars. Each video features a modern theorist and includes video interviews in which the theorist discusses her life, the evolution of her work and its impact on nursing practice and education. Each video also contain a bibliography of the theorists' writings and a resource list of helpful websites and organizations.
Nurse Theorists -- Excellence in Action
These videos are designed to show nursing students how theories are applied in practice. They also provide examples for administrators to see how implementing certain theories can save money and increase the efficiency of institutions. Each video presents information on a theory, gives case study examples to show the application of a theory, and concludes with a discussion summarizing and synthesizing the theory and application.
QuickTime and Flash are required to view the video.
Access is limited to 500 concurrent users.
*Access provided through the generous funding by the Eleanor Towner University Library Endowment for Nursing.