Caribbean Art from Special Collections
Nancy Morejon, La Habana ex puesta. Mantanzas, Cuba: Vigia, 2012. University of Michigan Special Collections. Gift of Ruth Behar.
This Guide was Created by: Kai Alexis Smith as part of the
Association of Research Libraries Career Enhancement Fellowship Program
University of Michigan
This guide is intended to facilitate research and teaching in Caribbean Art and Visual Culture. Although by no means a comprehensive list of sources, this guide assembles selected documents and collections that may be of interest to students and researchers working on a wide range of issues in Caribbean Art and Visual Culture.
These dictonaries and encylopedias are dedicated to the Caribbean art and visual culture discipline.
Browsing the stacks--virtually
When you've found a book that suits your topic, it can be helpful to browse the books next to it on the shelf. You can do this by going to the stacks--or by doing a virtual shelf search in Mirlyn.
- Go to Mirlyn Classic
- Click "Browse" in the yellow band across the top
- Select "Call number begins with..." from the pull-down menu
- Type the call number of the book you've got into the search box.
- When you hit "search," you will see a list of all the books next to that call number on the shelf (and this includes books that are checked out or at another campus library).
- You can move backward in the list by clicking "previous page"