You can search some free databases, such as PubMed, directly through EndNote Online using the Online Search option. Although this saves you a few keystrokes, you also don't have access to the more advanced search tools the databases offer. We recommend using Online Search only for importing known references.
To search a database,
- Hover over Collect & select Online Search.
- Select the database you want to search from the dropdown menu or add to your list of favorites on the right.
- Click the Connect button.
In the Online Search window,
- Enter your search terms, using the dropdown menus to select appropriate fields & click Search.
To import the record(s),
- Select the new record(s) & add them to a group. "Unfiled" is appropriate if you don't want to put them in a specific group.