Steps to follow if you don't find the journals which include the articles you need at the U-M Library.
1. Try Google Scholar to see if any PDF files would be available online.
2. Search the WorldCat to see if other libraries in North America or in Japan have. Make sure the holding information by checking the institution library homepage. They may have other volumes, but not the volume which you need.
3. Request from the WorldCat: Include OCLC # of the journal for faster, accurate delivery.
4. IF you don't see the journal in the WorldCat, saerch it in the National Diet Library in Japan. Include the URL of the journal citation page in the Note section of the ILL form.
5. Contact the Japanese Studies Librarian should you have questions.