You can add citations to your Zotero library in a number of different ways:
1. Import citation information from databases and library catalogs.
3. Automatically save web pages.
4. Retrieve metadata associated with PDF files.
5. Import citation information from other citation management tools.
6. Manually enter citation information.
Note: If you use EndNote, you need to change the default settings in Zotero so that you are not prevented from using Direct Export to EndNote features. To do so, right-click on the Zotero connector in your web browser, select Options, and under Automatic File Importing, uncheck the box that says Import BibTeX/RIS/Refer files into Zotero.
Where are citations saved?
By default, your Zotero library is stored in a folder called Zotero in your user directory on your computer. You can choose some other options; for more information, see The Zotero Data Directory.