Step-by-step instructions for importing to EndNote from PubMed:
- Perform a PubMed search as usual.
- Mark the box(es) to the left of the articles that interest you, by clicking in the box(es).
- Click in the box next to "Send to", and choose "Citation manger" from the list of options.
- PubMed will download a file.
- Go to EndNote File > Import. Click "Choose File" to find the text file you saved from PubMed, and select the PUBMED (NLM) filter under "Import Option". If you do not see this filter, select "Other Filters..." and the find it in the longer list that appears, then hit "OK".
- Click "Import". The PubMed records should appear in your EndNote Library.