What's in this guide?
This guide provides information on how to use the bibliographic management software, Zotero to capture citations, organize references, and create bibliographies.
Firefox is required for Zotero -- start by downloading the latest version of Firefox.
Once you are running Firefox 3.0 or higher, download the Zotero add-on:
- Go to http://www.zotero.org/ and click on the red Download button.
- A dialog box will appear asking you if you would like to install your download. Click on Install Now.
When the download is complete, Firefox will prompt you to restart. Once you restart Firefox, you will see the Zotero icon in the lower right corner of your browser window.
Zotero Key Features
- Run Zotero right in your Firefox browser, separately from web pages.
- Automatically extract citation information from websites, library catalogs, databases, and more.
- Save PDF files, images, screenshots, and other files.
- Record your research notes.
- Automatically create formatted bibliographies in many different styles.
- Use Zotero with word processing programs like Microsoft Word.
- Sync the citations and files you save online.
- Access your saved information from anywhere.
- Share your saved information online with groups.
- Use Zotero -- an open source tool -- for free.