Search tips for Library Catalog Search, the University Library's catalog
- If you know the title of the book or journal that you want, choose the "Title" or "Journal/Serial" option below the search box.
- You can put phrases in quotation marks to focus your search, for example, "oral cancer".
- To find electronic books, click the "Limit to available online" option below the search box on the main search page or at the top of the page on the search results page.
- Remember that you CANNOT search for individual journal articles in U-M Library Catalog Search, only journal titles.
- Always check the "Call number/description" field to see what years of a journal are avaliable online.
- Use "Advanced Search" to limit your search by language, format, & many other options. Click on the subject headings (the "Subject-Lib. Cong." field) to find other items cataloged with the same subject heading.