Goal: Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 25% below 2006 baseline by 2025. Progress found here.
Greenhouse gas reduction initiatives: (details found here)
- Expansion of the Central Power Plant to include a 15-megawatt combustion turbine.
- Continued purchase of Renewable Energy Credits.
- Continued investment in U-M’s Energy Management Program.
- Funding for demonstration projects that support research and learning on campus.
- Planning beyond the 2025 goal.
President Mark Schlissel's commission on carbon neutrality. The president of the university has assigned a group of individuals comprised of faculty, students, and local representatives to come up with plans and recommendations for the university to become carbon neutral.