In this guide, you will find resources to help with the research part of the ENGR 100 section 500. The guide is broken into sections:
- Scholarly vs non-scholarly?
- Textbooks and Reference Books: links to online textbooks and other books which can provide you with an overview of specific diseases.
- Biomedical Article Databases: links to scholarly databases to search for journal articles.
- Biomedical research is not a "simple Google" search. It can be very complicated. Plan to spend a couple of hours searching materials and then another couple of hours reading and analyzing what you've found.
- Ask your librarian for help sooner rather than later. You can waste a lot of time looking in the wrong place or at material that is technically challenging to interpret. Librarians are generally very friendly people. We are here to help you.