Though you can find controlled vocabulary within any individual Zoological Record article record, you might want to search for controlled vocabulary terms before you begin your search. To find the thesaurus, you must:
1. Enter a search term in the search box (in the example below, chimpanzee* is the search term entered)
2. In the corresponding term type box (defaulting to "Topic"), use the chevron on the right to find a pull down menu.
3. Scroll down the menu, and find the "subject descriptors" option.
4. Select the "subject descriptors" option, then notice the "Select from Thesaurus" link that appears under that setting.
5. Click the "Select from the Thesaurus" link to browse the thesaurus hierarchy for subject, geographical, palaeontological, systematic, and taxa notes categories.