This guide has been retired. See our new guides
|Foundation Directory Online (FD Online)||Published by The Foundation Center, FD Online is the most comprehensive database for finding foundation support. FD Online includes records for 100,000 grantmakers and over 500,000 grants. Updated weekly.
A directory of research funding opportunities and researcher profiles. If you create an account, you can save your search results, search terms, send information to others, and more. More than 22,000 records representing over 400,000 funding opportunities from all types of funders. Updated daily.
|Michigan Grants Opportunities Online||
Electronic Grants Administration & Management System (EGrAMS) is an electronic resource for finding grants in the state of Michigan.
|Sponsored Programs Information Network (SPIN)||
SPIN is a searchable database that is targeted primarily to institutions of higher education. It currently contains information from more than 2,500 different sponsoring agencies, which comprise more than 11,000 separate funding opportunities.
Authentication required. For University of Michigan affiliates only OR use within the Library.
Published by The Foundation Center, GTIO provides funding opportunities from nearly 2,000 programs that fund individual grantseekers.
|Grants.gov (Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance)||A searchable database of every federal funding program available. Records include program scope, eligibility requirements, deadlines, and contacts.|
GuideStar's database contains data on more than 900,000 public charities, approximately 118,000 private foundations, and nearly half a million other exempt organizations in the United States. Federal 990 forms can be accessed through Guidestar.
|Foundation Maps||A global data visualization tool that allows one to map grant-maker and grant recipient data over a variety of health, socio-economic, demographic and educational data.|
Email us for help with:
- Individual consultations to find potential grants or funders
- Access to multiple grant databases
- Assistance with research on foundations
- Group instruction on using resources to find potential grant opportunites
- Darlene Nichols - Social Sciences and Community Non-Profits, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Grochowski - Sciences and Engineering, email@example.com
- Merle Rosenzweig - Health Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jason Imbesi - Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts, email@example.com