This guide lists resources for research on mobile computing and mobile devices.
Last Updated: Feb 25, 2014
Computer Science & Engineering
- Last Updated Nov 12, 2013
Recommendations for databases, reference books, professional associations, and resources for research in Computer Science & Engineering
243 views this year
- Last Updated Feb 21, 2014
Books, databases, professional associations, and assistance with research in Electrical Engineering.
226 views this year
- Last Updated Oct 21, 2013
This subject guide provides a starting point for research in Entrepreneurship.
394 views this year
- Last Updated Feb 5, 2014
A guide to help users locate and use IT-related library resources.
190 views this year
List of mobile award organizations. Useful for getting ideas from apps that have won awards, or for nominating your app for an award. There may be a fee associated with nominating an app.
Use the tabs above to navigate to the resources you need.
- Books - General: Books about mobile computing & mobile design.
- Journals & Conferences: Journals & conference proceedings that contain information about mobile computing.
- Industry/Market Outlook: Information about the mobile computing industry.
- iOS: Books specifically about developing for the iOS platform.
- Android: Books specifically about developing for the Android platform.
- Mobile at Michigan
"Need a little tech assistance with your app or want to network with others in the mobile app development community? Do you have a new company and need an office and a business plan? Or do you just need to figure out what the heck is going on? Below is a list of resources within and outside of the U-M that can help you out."
- Mobile Developer Toolkit
"This site is designed to encourage all students, faculty and staff to develop and distribute useful mobile apps to the U-M community."
- Mobile Development Community
"The U-M Mobile Developer User Community brings together mobile application developers from across the university to share experiences, development ideas and best practices on creating mobile applications."
- Mobile Apps Center
- Design Labs - Duderstadt Center
The Design Labs in the Duderstadt Center on North Campus provide a creative & flexible work space for students to explore their ideas and collaborate with others.
- Center for Entrepreneurship
"We shape entrepreneurs who want to have a positive impact on society – with disruptive ideas that are scalable and meet a societal need. CFE supports these entrepreneurs and connects them with the Michigan entrepreneurial network."
- Michigan Hackers
"A community for all HACKERS @ MICHIGAN"