Powered by ISI Web of Knowledge, the Web of Science database is a collection of cross-searchable databases:
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (AHCI)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (CPCI-S)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Sciences & Humanities (CPCI-SSH)
- Book Citation Index - Science (BKCI-S)
- Book Citation Index - Social Sciences & Humanities (BKCI-SSH)
You can search one or more of these databases from the ISI interface.
You can search for current and retrospective information, by topic, author, etc. The Web of Science is particularly good for citation searching, to discover how many times a particular author or article has been cited and by whom, and to locate later works which cite a specific article.