This is a list of acceptable journals for this assignment. All are published by the American Psychological Association:
Journal of Abnormal Psychology
Journal of Applied Psychology
Journal of Comparative Psychology
Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology
Journal of Counseling Psychology
Journal of Educational Psychology
Journal of Experimental Psychology: General
Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory & Cognition
Journal of Experimental Psychology: Perception and Performance
Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
Professional Psychology: Research and Practice
Psychology and Aging
Subject Pool Alternative Written Assignment
Find a research article published in the last 12 months from one of the permissible journals.
You will write a summary of the research article, including:
- the method used
- the results
- and the implications of the research findings.
Using PsycARTICLES to find your article
PsycARTICLES contains the full text of every issue of each of the acceptable APA journals -- plus, about 60 other high-quality psychology journals.
To find an article for your review, follow these steps:
1. Go to PsycARTICLES
2. Type in some search terms on a topic of interest. Be brief - just one word or phrase, or one word or phrase on each line.
3. Limit your search to the most recent 12 months using the Published Date from option on the search page.
4. Limit your search to empirical studies only by selecting EMPIRICAL STUDY in the Methodology option on the search page.
5. Click Search. You will be brought to a list of articles matching your criteria, from all the journals covered in PsycARTICLES.
6. To limit the results to articles from your list of approved journals, scroll down and look at the Publication filter. Check the boxes next to journal titles that match those on your list, then click Update.
7. Look through the resulting articles and select one to review for your paper.
If you have any trouble, go back and try different search terms.