Please consult these related Research Guides if you'd like to explore more tools and resources for finding information.
Library Lab Evaluation
Please help us evaluate today's lab session by completing a short form.
The current on-duty librarian for the library-wide Ask a Librarian IM service is available when you see a green dot at the top of the box.
See http://www.lib.umich.edu/ask for additional contact methods.
Psych 402 Research Guide
This guide will help you get started with your papers for Psych 402.
- Finding the Underlying Science - links to the top resources for finding scholarly research articles, such as PsycINFO, PubMed, and Web of Science
- PsycINFO Search Tips - tips for conducting complex searches in PsycINFO
- Science News Sources - best sites to monitor for science news reporting
- RSS & Google Reader - help on setting up Google Reader to automatically monitor multiple sites and bring in the latest articles on your topic of interest
- News Feeds - the latest headlines from several sources
About the library lab session
Today's library lab will give you an opportunity to learn searching techniques that will help you to complete your literature review. By the end of the lab:
- Students will be able to find the published science behind a popular report
- Students will track and locate news reports on topics of interest
- Students will explore the functions of Web of Science, a tool for tracking citation patterns forward and backward in time.