This guide will provide instruction on tools for keeping up with new articles and books in your field.
Stay alert by subscribing to email alerts and RSS feeds for:
- Items matching your subject search criteria
- Tables of contents for journals of interest
- Items that cite a specific work or author
- New books that the library has acquired
- Websites, news stories, or blog entries that match your search criteria
Another Useful Guide
An excellent guide with a long list of publishers offering alerts:
Choosing the Best Source for your Alerts
|If you want...||Sign up for this kind of alert|
|Journal tables of contents as soon as they come out|
New items matching a complex subject search
|To be alerted when a specific item is cited|
Most alerts will be available as in email format; some will also provide an RSS feed option. Experiment with any combination of these and decide which works best for you.