Related Research Guides
- Last Updated Sep 24, 2014
Links to reports, data, resources and services that can help you with your classes and research in the Applied Climate program.
9 views this year
- Last Updated May 29, 2014
A guide to useful sources in the field of Astronomy and Astrophysics for UM researchers.
42 views this year
- Last Updated May 8, 2013
A guide to useful sources in the field of Physics for UM researchers.
21 views this year
- Last Updated Jan 9, 2015
Provides links to databases, books, images, strategies, and information on conducting research in Space Sciences.
6 views this year
- Last Updated Jan 23, 2015
A portal to information sources, especially electronic journals and article indexes, of use to earth and environmental sciences scholars.
733 views this year
Using this guide
Use the tabs above to navigate to the type of information you are looking for.
- Books: A quick guide to searching for books in the U-M Library, as well as a list of online & print handbooks/encyclopedias.
- Databases: Links to subject databases for finding articles & conference proceedings.
- Data Sources: Links to possible data sources.
- Standards: A quick guide to finding industrial standards.
- Web Resources: Other online resources outside the U-M Library.
- Professional Organizations: Links to subject-related professional organizations.
- Career Resources: Information about AAEL's career collection and links to CoE career resources.
- Useful Library Services: Links to various library services that you may find helpful during your time at U-M.
Below is a list of Winter 2015 AOSS course textbooks that are available electronically through the library. To access the electronic version, click on the title of the book, then click on the "Available Online" link that appears in the catalog record. If you run into problems accessing an e-book, please report them to Ask a Librarian.
THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL TEXTBOOK LIST. Books listed here may be either required textbooks or supplemental texts. Your faculty will provide you the titles of required textbooks for your classes. All engineering textbooks are available on course reserve at the Art, Architecture & Engineering Library.
AOSS Online Textbooks
AOSS 350 (Keppel-Aleks)
An Introduction to atmospheric thermodynamics by Anastasios A. Tsonis. 2nd ed. 2007. Cambridge University Press. 9780521696289. Platform: Cambridge books online.
AOSS 532 (Huang)
An introduction to atmospheric radiation by K.N. Liou. 2nd ed. 2002. Academic Press. 0124514510 Platform: Ebook Library.
An introduction to atmospheric radiation by K.N. Liou. 2nd ed. 2002. Academic Press.0124514510 Platform: Knovel.
Radiative transfer in the atmosphere and ocean by Gary E. Thomas and Knut Stamnes. 1st ed. 1999. Cambridge University Press. 9780511613470. Platform: Cambridge Books Online.
Non-LTE radiative transfer in the atmosphere by López-Puertas. 1st ed. 2001.World Scientific.10337991. Platform: Ebook Library.
Atmospheric radiation: theoretical basis by R.M. Goody and Y.L. Yung. 2nd ed. 1989. Oxford University Press. Platform: ebrary.
AOSS 545 (Drake)
Physics of shock waves and high-temperature hydrodynamic phenomena by Ya. B. Zelʹdovich.1967. Academic Press. 9780123956729. Platform: ScienceDirect.