Karen’s Funding Resource Guide : http://guides.lib.umich.edu/grants (Click on « Water » tab)
· COS – licensed academic funding and expertise database
· Foundation Directory Online – licensed database with profiles of over 100,000 U.S. based foundations + half a million grants already given
· SPIN – licensed academic funding database
Foundation Center Website:
· Water Resources Guide
· PubHub – catalog of thousands of foundation-sponsored research reports
· Philanthropy News Digest – daily compendium of news about grants, foundations, etc. Archives is keyword searchable.
Research Resources Overview:
Local, Regional, National information from government, education, and agency sources, databases and journals relevant to water issues with emphasis on natural resource resources.
Water Resources Abstracts database
· Subjects covered
· Sample search
FINDING FUNDING and ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES FOR WATER RESEARCH AND PROJECTS
Looking to Fund your water-related research and/or projects? Join the University Library’s Foundations & Grants Librarian and the Environmental Sciences Librarian as they teach you to find research and project funding related to local, regional, national and international water issues. In this hands-on session, they will illustrate several funding databases, show resources from The Foundation Center, and help you create optimal search strategies in order to utilize the funding resources efficiently and effectively.
Karen and Lori will deliver an encore class on Monday, March 21, 2011, from 4:00-5:00pm in the Hatcher Graduate Library, Gallery Lab.
The one-hour workshop will be offered from 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
Please register through the link below:
subject specialist for philanthropy
209 Hatcher Library