Step 1. Request an email account from your institution ICT department.
- This institution first needs to purchase a domain name like the other institutions. Someone from CIRHT team needs to connect the Bob and Kathleen at Michigan with the administrative and/or ICT liaison at Adama in order to discuss the process for providing access for this institution.
Step 2. Register your email with Elsevier
- Connect to any wifi or wired network from any location. You do not need to be at a specific institution.
- Complete general registration https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/register-new-user
- Check your institutional email and click the confirmation link to finalize your registration with Elsevier.
- Request remote access at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/activateaccess.
- Check your institutional email and click the confirmation link to finalize your remote access.
Note: Remote Access is good for only 180 days. You will need to repeat steps 4 and 5 above every 180 days.
Step 3. Confirm access to 8 Elsevier journals
- Sign in to http://www.sciencedirect.com/
- Go to the page for the journal of interest (see page 1)
- Try to access a restricted article (e.g. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0020729213003731) to download the full text as PDF.