Framework for Measuring Diagnostic Error
A new AHRQ-supported report published in BMJ Quality & Safety describes a conceptual model called the "Safer Dx Framework" that is designed to systematically measure & monitor diagnostic errors. It examines diagnostic safety from three perspectives: variables within the environment in which diagnoses take place (such as the internal physical/organizational medical setting), the process for making diagnoses (such as interpersonal aspects between clinician/patient), & patient outcomes (patient health status or behavior).
Welcome to the research guide for Patient Safety, Quality, & Leadership. In it you will find resources and information that will help you with your PASQUAL project/study. Click on the tabs on this page to uncover relevant resources that can help in answering your research questions.
If you've been searching and can't find what you're looking for, feel free to give me a call! I can:
- Help with your literature searches/systematic reviews
- Provide one-on-one advice about your research topic
- Teach you advanced techniques for database searching
- Assist you with setting up auto alerts for selected search strategies/TOC updates
- Orient you to an array of library resources available through UM
- Teach you about citation management tools, such as EndNote or Refworks which can save you time when formatting your citations and bibliographies