Please consult this related Research Guide if you'd like to explore more tools and resources for finding information.
Proxy Server Bookmarklet
- A cool tool that helps you access the library's subscription journals without having to pay for articles.
- Install it on your computer once, and use it anytime you see a link asking you to pay for an article.
- Once you log in as with your UM credentials, you will usually be brought to the actual article or an MGetIt link.
Psych 351 Research Guide
This guide will help you get started with your papers for Psych 351.
- Getting Background Info - great place to find specialized encyclopedias - excellent sources of an overview of your topic and info on important prior research
- Finding Articles using PsycINFO - Links, tips, and videos to help you use PsycINFO - the most powerful resource for finding literature in psychology
- Other Article Sources - Help for using Web of Science and Google Scholar to find articles. (Never pay for journal articles! See this page to find out how to get them for free!)
- Finding Tests - Help for finding tests and measurements
About the library lab session
Today's library lab will give you an opportunity to learn searching techniques that will help you to complete your literature review. During the lab, we will:
- learn advanced tips for using PsycINFO, Google Scholar, and Web of Science
- talk about resources for finding test and measurement instruments
- spend some time practicing these search skills
After today's lab session, please feel free to ask for help at the reference desks at Shapiro Undergrad Library or the Hatcher Graduate Library, via the Ask a Librarian instant messaging service, or direct your questions to the Psychology Librarian (Susan Turkel).