Skip to main content
Library Research Guides

Japan Disaster Information

Information about the 3/11/2011 earthquake and subsequent crisis in Japan.

Library Contact

Leena Lalwani's picture
Leena Lalwani
2392 Duderstadt Center

2281 Bonisteel Blvd

Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2094


Library Help

Service offline?
View additional contact methods.


How can you help?

Message to UM students from Japan

If you have been affected by the earthquake and tsunami in any way and need assistance from the university, please contact the International Center at or 734-764-9310.

You may also contact the Dean of Students Office by calling 734-764-7420 or writing to Although we may not be able to meet every need, we will do our best to be of assistance.

We would also like to remind you that Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is available to help you find support during this stressful time. You can call them at 734-764-8312 or stop by the CAPS office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

(Information from UM Record

Books about the Disasters

Find more books on this topic by searching the following subjects in Mirlyn: