It's important to create a good script, one that works well with your video and doesn't overwhelm the viewer with words. Listed below are some tips to keep in mind when writing scripts.
- Be consistent in using pronouns and verb tenses.
- Have an introduction and closing.
- Your tone (both in speaking and writing) should be conversational.
- Make sure that the script reflects your
- Use contractions, another way of keeping your script conversational.
- Edit, edit, edit! Question everything you write: Is this essential? Could it be cut
and still be clear?
- As you write your script, be sure to note what is happening on the
- Read the script out loud before you record it to make sure that it
- Have someone else review the script.
- When recording, it's best to not stray from what you've written.
- Keep each page of the script equal to about one minute of content.
- Use a large, easy-to-read font. I like 14 pt. Times Roman.