SAND, Spatial and Numeric Data Services, sometimes offers short, free workshops on various topics.
Faculty are invited to work with SAND to offer in-class instruction sessions and workshops on finding and using data. Email Nicole Scholtz to schedule a session.
Possible topics to include in courses are:
- Intro to ArcGIS
- Aerial Image Sources and Ways of Exporting
- Working with U.S. Census Data in ArcGIS
- Land cover and soil data in ArcGIS: Finding and manipulating land cover and soils data from national sources
- Creating 3D contours: Working with elevation data in ArcGIS
- Geocoding in ArcGIS
- Preparing data and using tools in Network Analyst for ArcGIS
- Georeferencing Images in ArcGIS
- Excel for Data Clean-up
- Online Tools for Mapping Demographics