Biomedical Engineering Research Guide - A subject guide for biomedical engineering research from the staff at the Art, Architecture, and Engineering Library.
Genetics Research Guide - A resource guide to genetics information at the University of Michigan
Finding Health Statistics Online - A tutorial on searching for different kinds of health statistics.
About This Guide
In this guide, you will find resources to help with the research part of the Eng 100 section 500. The guide is broken into sections:
- Background Information has links to online textbooks and other books which can provide you with an overview of specific diseases.
- Genetics Resources: Has several databases that provide Genetic related information
- Biomedical Article Databases has links to Medline and other scientific/technical/medical (STM) databases.
- Other Resources contains links to other research guides and pointers to health statistics.
- Biomedical research is not a "simple Google" search. It can be very complicated. Plan to spend a couple of hours searching materials and reading and analyzing what you've found.
- Ask for help sooner rather than later. It's easy to get lost and bogged down in a poorly designed search strategy. You can waste a lot of time looking in the wrong place or at material that is technically challenging to interpret.
- Ask the specialists for help! Librarians are generally very friendly people. We know all about resources! We are here to help you.