The Synthesis Plans tool can be used to develop multiple steps synthesis of a substance. For example, after the above search on Nicotine synthesis,
- Select the reaction you would like to use, then click on "Synthesis" link under the Nicotine structure in the reaction. The selected reaction will be brought into the "Synthesis Plans" tool.
- If you need to find how to synthesize the reagent(s) used to synthesize the final product, you may click on the "Synthesis" under that reagent(s) in the box at the top of the Synthesis Plan tab.
- The reactions to synthesize the particular reagent(s) will be displayed under the Synthesis Plans box.
- You may go through the details of the reactions and use the "Add" button on the side of the desired reaction to add this step to your synthesis plan.
- In the multiple steps synthesis plan, you will find a chart displaying the steps, reaction details of each step and the reference containing the reactions. You may use the "Output" button to print the synthesis plan you build.
- Input the title of your synthesis plan and click on OK in the popup window.
- You may download the synthesis plan when it is ready.