Comparison of PubMed, Sport Discus, PsycInfo using eating disorders in athletes as an example
PubMed – physical and biochemical aspects of eating disorders
- How does it affect the body, the brain?
- Does it impact health? Illness? What kind of illness?
- What about physical injuries? What parts of the body are affected? What's the therapy? Are drugs needed? Surgery? What kind? Any physical therapy after surgery?
SPORTDiscus - physical and mechanics of movement. Looks more to the what it is and who is affected rather than why it happens and what can be done about it.
- How does it affect physical performance?
- Is movement affected?
- What kind of counseling is warranted?
- Effects of peer pressure.
- Social dynamics of team sports.
- How does team or individual sports affect eating disorders?
PsycINFO - behavioral and social aspects of eating disorders.
- Mental and emotional stress.
- Family dynamics.
- Social interactions.
- Peer pressure.
- Body image.
- What is the attitude towards food and eating?
- What kind of psychotherapy?