Located in the Simpson Building, CHM gathers historical epidemiological and contemporary historical information on pandemic influenza, and develops and publishes digital archives of primary materials related to its historical and contemporary studies.
Matthaei Botanical Gardens, at 1800 N. Dixboro Road, includes a conservatory, displays, and natural areas with trails. The Arboretum with entrances off Geddes Avenue and Washington Heights, includes an education center and extensive trails.
The Museum has several analytical laboratories and special research facilities. The Ethnobotanical Laboratory, Archaeological Zoology Laboratory, Analytical Collections in Geology, and Latin American Ethnohistory Library provide major resources for use by students and researchers.
The Museum provides a window onto the research in Natural Sciences conducted at the University of Michigan. Exhibits include displays on prehistoric life, Michigan wildlife, anthropology, geology, and a Planetarium.
This museum provides staff, laboratory, and field support for faculty and students. It provides space and facilities for conserving, organizing, and studying collections of fossil specimens and information resulting from field investigations.
The Special Collections Research Center holds approximately 6,500 linear feet of archival material, about 450 incunabula, 1,400 early manuscripts on vellum and paper, as well as approximately 275,000 published volumes.
The Kempf House Museum is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving, interpreting, and celebrating the Bennett-Kempf house, its garden and collections. Check the website for information on guided tours.