Using this guide
Use the tabs above to navigate to the type of information you are looking for.
- Books & Background Research: A quick guide to searching for books in the U-M Library, as well as a list of online & print handbooks/encyclopedias. Reports and Policy books can be found on sub-pages.
- Databases: Links to subject databases for finding articles & conference proceedings.
- Data Sources: Links to possible data sources.
- Standards: A quick guide to finding industrial standards.
- Web Resources: Other online resources outside the U-M Library, including professional organizations.
- Useful Library Services: Links to various library services that you may find helpful during your time at U-M.
Related Research Guides
Astronomy & Astrophysics
by Jacob Glenn Last Updated Jan 29, 2016 54 views this year
by Jacob Glenn Last Updated Jan 29, 2016 78 views this year
Space Sciences & Engineering
by Sara Samuel Last Updated Feb 11, 2016 24 views this year
Earth & Environmental Sciences (Virtual Geosciences Library)
by Lori Tschirhart Last Updated Dec 11, 2015 742 views this year
Winter 2016 AOSS Online Textbooks
Below is a list of Winter 2016 AOSS course textbooks that are available electronically through the library. To access the electronic version, click on the title of the book, then click on the "Available Online" link that appears in the catalog record. If you run into problems accessing an e-book, please report them to Ask a Librarian.
THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL TEXTBOOK LIST. Books listed here may be either required textbooks or supplemental texts. Your faculty will provide you the titles of required textbooks for your classes. All engineering textbooks are available on course reserve at the Art, Architecture & Engineering Library.
AOSS Online Textbooks
AOSS 350 Section 001 (Keppel-Aleks)
Introduction to atmospheric thermodynamics by Anatasios Tsonis. 2nd ed. 2007. Cambridge University Press. 9780521696289. Platform: Cambridge Books Online.
AOSS 474 (Cathles)
Fundamentals of glacier dynamics by C. J. van der Veen. 2nd ed. 2013. CRC Press. 9781439835661. Platform: ENGnetBASE.
AOSS 495 (Zou)
Ionospheres: physics, plasma physics, and chemistry by Robert W. Schunk and Andrew F. Nagy. 2009. Cambridge University Press. 9780521877060. Platform: Cambridge Books Online.
The Earth's ionosphere: plasma physics and electrodynamics by Michael C. Kelley. 2nd ed. 2009. Academic Press. 9780120884254. Platform: ScienceDirect.
AOSS 567 (Geva)
Chemical dynamics in condensed phases: relaxation, transfer, and reactions in condensed molecular systems by Abraham Nitzan. 2006. Oxford University Press. 0198529791. Platform: ebrary.
AOSS 605 Section 002 (Carlson & Samuel)
Data management for researchers : organize, maintain and share your data for research success by Kristin Briney. 2015. Pelagic Publishing. 9781784270308. Platform: EBook Library