In this guide, you will find resources to help with the research part of the Eng 100 section 500. The guide is broken into sections:
- Background Information has links to online textbooks and other books which can provide you with an overview of specific diseases.
- Genetics Resources: Has several databases that provide Genetic related information
- Biomedical Article Databases has links to Medline and other scientific/technical/medical (STM) databases.
- Other Resources contains links to other research guides and pointers to health statistics.
- Biomedical research is not a "simple Google" search. It can be very complicated. Plan to spend a couple of hours searching materials and reading and analyzing what you've found.
- Ask for help sooner rather than later. It's easy to get lost and bogged down in a poorly designed search strategy. You can waste a lot of time looking in the wrong place or at material that is technically challenging to interpret.
- Ask the specialists for help! Librarians are generally very friendly people. We know all about resources! We are here to help you.